Although Quinoa was first domesticated by the Adean people around 3000 years ago, Quinoa is a new carbohydrate discovery for many, having chanced upon this grainy looking carbohydrate at the Health Food Store, watching a cooking program, or at a trendy restaurant or cafe. Quinoa is finally becoming more readily available and can be found in most supermarkets in either white or red grains or flakes.
It looks like a grain but in fact is more related to spinach and beetroot.
Quinoa is considered a Superfood, being high in Incomplete Protein (a non-animal source of protein). With 14% of calories coming from protein, Quinoa rates better than brown rice, barley and oats for protein content although not as high as legumes and beans.
The macro nutrient https://www.viagrasansordonnancefr.com/ou-acheter-du-viagra/ breakdown for 100g of Quinoa is: Total carbohydrates 64g; 52g from starch and 7g of fibre, 14g of protein and 6g of fat. As Quinoa is gluten free it provides an excellent alternative to those who are gluten intolerant. Quinoa flour can be made to form bread, Puffed Quinoa instead of Rice Bubbles, or Quinoa as an alternate to rice as an accompaniment.
I have included a very cleaver Quinoa and Sushi Roll Recipe!
- 1 cup tricolor quinoa grains
- 2 cups (organic) vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp almonds, sunflower seeds and pepitas chopped roughly
- 4 sheets toasted nori (sushi roll seaweed)
- Plus fillings select from below options
Spicy Tuna Sushi Roll
- 1 (95g) can of tuna, drained
- 1 tbsp mayo
- pinch of chilli
- 2 cucumbers sliced length ways
- ¼ avocado sliced into strips
- ground chilli
- Mix together tuna, mayo and chilli. Assemble with cucumber and avocado.
Vegetable Sushi Roll
- 2 cucumber “wedges” (cucumber sliced lengthways into eights)
- ½ carrot, grated
- ¼ avocado sliced
- four snow pea sprouts
- assemble all ingredients
Egg Sushi Roll
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp ice cold water
- 1 tbsp Sriracha (Asian chilli sauce)
- a few snow pea sprouts
- In a small pan heat a tsp of oil over medium heat, add whisked eggs and cold water and cook for 3 minutes. Reduce to low heat adding Sriracha and cover with a lid. Cook for 2 minutes (eggs are set) . Cut into 1cm strips to assemble roll
Cooking the Quinoa
- Rinse quinoa under cold water in a seive
- Place rinsed quinoa into a saucepan, with 2 cups of vegetable stock over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer for @ 15 minutes
- Place in a bowl and https://www.acheterviagrafr24.com/viagra-ordonnance/ allow to cool
- Add chopped almonds, sunflower seeds and pepitas
- Make the rolls when mixture has cooled
Assembling the Quinoa Sushi Rolls:
- Using a nori sheet (you may use a bamboo mat).
- Spread quarter of the quinoa mix over half of the nori sheet
- Add the ingredients across the middle of the quinoa
- Roll up
- Trim ends then cut in half
- (Dip tuna roll ends in some of the extra ground chilli)