The Real Reason You’re not loosing weight-
The Emotional Eating Quiz
Unless you have been living under a rock, most people know how to loose weight. Balancing calories in with calories out, eating whole foods and a good balance of protein, fats and carbohydrates and of course regular exercise. When we follow this plan everything is on track. Why do we find ourselves eating foods that we have so clearly decided to limit or avoid only to fall into these bad habits time and time again.
Chances are you are an emotional eater, but how can you be sure?
Ask your self the following questions:
The last time you ate too much-
- Did you have a sudden urge to eat almost immediately?
- Were your food choices only junk food of little to no nutritious value
- Were you just shoveling food into your mouth or were you eating mindfully.
- Did you become hungry very quickly
- Did you have feelings of guilt after you ate?
- Did you eat when you were feeling upset, angry, tired, empty, alone or frustrated?
If you can answer yes to many of the above questions then it is you emotional hunger that is getting in the way of your success, not you lack or motivation, nor your diet plan, or exercise regimen. Emotional hunger is a very strong driving force, where food is used to self nurturing, dampening unwanted feelings, avoiding problems, as a reward, a source of rebellion and avoid confronting self doubt.
Tackle your emotional eating today and make an appointment with Rebecca at Function and Form Physiotherapy and Exercise